Saturday 5 December 2015

Cotswold Scene

The Cotswolds are one of the most beautiful parts of the British Isles. Lying just south of the Midlands, the rolling countryside and honey stone walls of the buildings provide plenty of inspiration for an artist. 

Last year I had the good fortune to be able to go and stay with my family in a little cottage in Chipping Camden and we had some beautiful walks even though the weather was quite stormy.

In the piece above you can see the dark lowering clouds against bright green fields. This is a mixed media piece using gesso, acrylic ink, watercolour, stitch, lace and more. 

Today I sold it to a loving home and I’m very happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are always appreciated - I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.